[ST] Oil question...

I really don't want to start an oil thread but...

While running out to pick up a jug (5 qt size) of Mobil 1 15w-50
synthetic, I found two flavors to choose from, one with a silver cap and
one with a gold cap.

Having read a discussion about the gold cap having replaced the red cap I
understood that the gold cap was running well for several folks and have
tried it myself.  That was the quart size bottles.  I haven't had those
around for some time, but see this big jug wears the "SuperSyn" tags on
the gold cap and does not on the silver cap.  A post I ran across in VFRd
suggests that we shouldn't be using "SuperSyn".

Anyone got more scoop on what the difference between these two product
are, besides an obvious $5 price?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,

--

                                ._O_.  '03 Sprint ST
            -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\