Re: [ST] Cruising at 95 mph??

Woovis,

What you say about the Starboys holds true for mc
riders up here, BUT, this really isnt about MCs, but
rather speed(of any type of vehicle) in general. I
gotta imagine its no different in Columbi, if not
worse since it is the state capital. It is widely
known that State Troopers in this state ( Ohio )are
the absolute worst in the country, with the reputation
of giving their own mother a ticket. A few years ago,
a friend of mine crashed and crashed bad. We followed
to the hospital. This poor guy was laying on a gurney
in emergency in agony with a broken arm, double
fractured hip, and at that time unknown internal
injuries, and these pricks from the state patrol were
in there serving him a citation for failure to
maintain control. I mean, WTF ? It was a single
vehicle accident, the only damage he did was to the
inside of a ditch....What kind of animal do you have
to be to be able to serve somebody a citation under
those circumstances ? I completely lost it and
proceeded to get up, go in the room and raise some
hell with them regarding their sense of humanity.
Fortunatley two other friends who knew me all to well
were sitting there as well, flanking me. As I tried to
get up, I felt a hand on each shoulder. The harder I
tried to get up, the harder they pulled me back in my
seat. It's a good thing, too, because I probably would
have ended up in jail....

Last year, another friend ( in fact, one of the hands
on my shoulder above), crashed in WV. Once the
ambulance took him away , I stayed on sight with WV
state troopers to deal with the bike, etc. Once we
dispatched the bike, I asked the troopers how i could
get to the hospital. They said, "Oh, just follow us,
we need to talk to him anyway". I said " Please tell
me you arent gonna cite him", to which they responded
" Cite him? What for? Dont you think he has had a bad
enough day ? No, we just need to know what happened,
but we wont be citing him. It's not necessary". Geez,
what a different attitude...

Sorry for the rant....

John