Re: [ST] Day 1, part 2

"I slipped Merlin in third and quickly dispatched the cars
  and truck. From then on it was just me, Merlin, the howl from my can,
  and the road as I accelerated toward the next turn, backed off and let
  the motor pull me down, started accelerating slowly through the turn,
  applied full throttle as the turn opened up, and blasted to the next
  turn only to repeat the exercise again. Oh what fun and all the time
  with a great big smile on my face. Man I love this stuff.
     Turn after turn went flying by and I loved the acceleration and then
  the speed loss as I turned into the next curve and felt the front tire
  fight for traction and then get light as I applied more throttle. I
  could do this all day long and never tire of it!"

Thanks Jack - what a great read!!

I bought my first Triumph (2001 RS) on the Easter weekend and rode it
1100km from Sydney (Australia) to home in Melbourne on roads that sound
similar to what you've described here. In 13 years of riding, it was the
longest ride I've ever done... and the Sprint loved it!

Out of interest, what tyres are you running? Mine came with a set of
Michellin Pilot Road's. They seem very hard wearing (12,000km's on them and
still plenty to go), however the truth is, when I push them, they slip.

I'm thinking about getting a set of Michellin Pilot Power's.

Any suggestions?