Re: [St] [ST] Biker ailments

Bummer Marc :(

Heal quick dood.

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of marc Ve
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 7:38 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] [ST] Biker ailments

I had a fall on my KLR just over two weeks ago and broke my ankle.

I had no option but to ride home (50 kms on gravel, including a river
crossing, and then 180 kms on tar) Lucky it was my right ankle or I wouldnt
have been able to change gears. Talk about a painful ride!

A few days after the first cast went on I developed pain in my calf, and
they diagnosed deep vein thrombosis (blood clots in my veins).

I spent five days in hospital with them jabbing me with stuff all the time.

I'm out now, still on crutches for another  month at least, plus I have to
take Warferin to thin my blood for the next three months - bummer.

anyone else had a similar problem after an ankle break?

Marc, Cape Town RSA
2006 Daytona 955
2007 KLR 650