[St] the dreaded oil question

I've noticed a lot of mention of Mobil 1 being used successfully on our
bikes. Jack mentions "Red Top" below; is this regular Auto Parts store
Mobil 1? Or is it the 4T version that Triumph recommends?

I'm tired of paying the dealer's rapacious labor rate and materials
mark-up so I've created a place to do my own oil changes. I'm due, but
I'm still trying to figure out which filter and which oil to use.

I've read up on the filter question and from the list of "good" filters
I found a WIX filter at the local auto parts store, and a Purolator
Pure-One (?) at the local "Fred Meyer" (Wally World on a smaller scale).
I just need the oil to do the deed.

Tools are not an issue; my tool box is bigger than my college dorm room.
I also have a supply of 9/16"id Buna-N "sealing washers" that work great
as replacements for the copper crush washers on the plug...another
McMaster-Carr item.

I don't mind buying the 4T oil but I have to make a special trip to a
cycle shop to get it; I work the same hours they are open so getting
there when the "Open" sign is lit is a problem.

I swear by Mobil-1 and Castrol Syntech for my 4 wheel vehicles, and will
use the Mobil for the bike, but I just am not sure which one, and what
grade.

Sorry if I've let the dreaded "oil question" genie out of the bottle,
but I really don't want to fry my beloved triple because I used the
wrong stuff.

Mike
'06 ST
Seattle