From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Matt Knowles
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 11:07 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [St] the dreaded oil question

On Aug 6, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Kevin Dicks wrote:

> Red cap is now gold cap (well that's the color of the Mobil 1 cap I
> have
> been using the last couple years).

Whew! I thought I might be in trouble there. Just filled the Triumph up
with gold cap last night and then all these messages about red cap.
Didn't see anything about energy conserving stuff on the label and I
thought earlier I had read to use the gold cap. Glad that's still the
case.

By the way while I was pouring in the fresh oil I noticed that the
spring that wraps around the clutch pull lever (don't really know what
to call it but it's the bottom termination of the clutch cable) seems
to have broken off so it doesn't really do anything. No idea how long
it's been like that but its disappearance doesn't really seem to have
affected anything. It also seems like it might be a pain in the butt to
replace. Any reason I should be worried about this part missing?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.