[St] OK, let's CAP this and SPRING away

Red cap, gold cap. Pretty close to the same oil.
Some of us bought all the red cap we could find when Mobil announced it was
changing the formula slightly. Why not, we would evidently use it anyway
and at the time Pep Boys had it for $1.99 per quart with their calendar
coupon. So buy yourself eight calendars at a buck each, remove the coupon,
and but yourself two cases per coupon.
In the hot rod market there were concerns about modifiers being added
without the "Energy conserving" marking. The formula was definitely changed
to lower  a couple of additives the EPA was cracking down on. This thread
went on and on. In the end gold cap was deemed OK to use but at $1.99 per
quart I'll use my red cap for as long as it last.

Spring forward to Matt's clutch actuating arm issue.
Matt, IMHO it's OK and the only thing you should notice is the lack of the
level being pulled all the way back to the perch, no not the fish. But if
the seal is leaking anyway I would change it all  the next time you have an
oil change planned. It's a cheap seal, spring, and cover gasket plus a lot
easier when you change the oil as you need it out for the repair anyway. An
hour tops.

But, fly me out there anyway and I'll change it for you and bring some gold
cap with red caps to fill her up :-)

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon"