Re: [St] Screening Opinions (yes, pun intended!)

6' 2" 210 #
I'm a casually competitive sculler (rowing with two oars) so my back is
probably on the strong end of the scale, and flexible for a person my
size and age (45). My wrists have seen 30 years of abuse as a mechanic,
but are not arthritic.
My commute helmet is an HJC Sy-max flip face. Comfortable,
aerodynamically stable, but noisy (lots of nooks and crannies around the
flip-up and visor). I use an HJC AC-12 (I think... it's the all carbon
one anyway) for long rides and if silliness is anticipated....more
dependable face protection, and much quieter. Uses the same visor as the
flip face too, but seals better. Those are the only helmets I have used
on this bike so my comparison base is limited
The wind hits me "right at the top of the strike zone" if you're a
baseball fan. (Draw a line between the arm pits and drop three
inches-75mm-if you think footballs are round.) The '07 hit me at the
bottom of my neck (or just below there), and while it was stable, it
left more weight on my hands. The angle of my back was certainly more
upright, but that is I think what made the bike feel less sporty.

Mike
'06 ST
Seattle