Re: [St] the dreaded oil question

At 10:09 AM 8/10/2007, you wrote:
>Right, Red Cap is no longer out there but I have noticed there are 2
>M1 15w-50's
>out there in gallon jugs: Gold Cap, which is labelled as being
>"SuperSyn" and a
>silver capped one without the SuperSyn claims.
>
>It was my thought that SuperSyn contains some friction modifiers and
>is causing
>some frustrations as John S. noted on the VFR lists.
>
>What's up with that?

Well that is just Mobil producing the two different oils that the
market needs.
On one side you have the automotive people, their oils need all the
friction modifiers that they can reliably use. They need them to make
the oil perform better under the conditions that automotive engines run in.

Then there are the motorcyclists that also have hi rev-ing engines
with extreme protection needs, but also have wet clutches to
complicate the calculations.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"