Re: [St] Hate to change the subject, but ''''

On 10 Aug 2007, at 18:12, bardelld@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> But I got to thinking, Has anyone replaced the front forks or front
> end
> with another set of forks off of a UJM --  I'm thinking GSXR or CBR
> or ???

I looked at this a while back, to see if there were any forks that
would fit in ST triple clamps.  Problem with modern sports bikes is
the USD thing.  One possibility is the big capacity (900?) 2006 Honda
Hornet would fit right into the ST triple clamps.  It uses 43mm
tubes, but has super-adjustable suspension.  Not sure if you could
use the Triumph mudguard / brakes.  I gave up thinking about it when
someone observed the issue of front-end weight being greater on the
Triumph, which would probably require different springs - at which
point it all got too complicated etc.

Regards

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/