Re: [St] New chain needed

Kevin Dicks wrote:
> Thanks Rich.
>
> I think I am just going to go with a good quality X ring chain - these seem
> to be the best around for now.
>
> I have quite a few MP tools and gadgets and I think they are, normally, very
> good quality.  A thread on ADVRider reports a few failures so I was looking
> for some other alternatives.  I may still go with them though - their stuff
> is normally bullet-proof.  I noticed that there is a 'lighter-duty' chain
> breaker and riveter listed (the one in the case) so I am wondering if that
> is the one that went TU.  The one you have looks very solid.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kevin

Kevin,
Go with the one that Rich suggested.  I think they came out with that
one after some of the initial reports of the other unit failing.  It
should be beefy enough for our 530 chains.

I plan on ordering chain and sprockets from my local shop, or at least
getting a price from them.  Another option is Team Triumph in
Wisconsin.  They're really good about getting you the parts you need and
parts that fit.  However, I don't know what their price is.

Good luck, and let us know where you get the stuff from.  Mine will be
due probably by spring.

Dan