[St] Happy New Year / new years ride

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good ride.

As has been my tradition since about the time the HSTA was begun ( maybe
even longer) I will be riding tomorrow at least for a while. The forecast is for
snow showers and 20 to 30 MPH winds. The snow I can handle somewhat, but the
winds here in the mountains can be tricky. Anyhow I figure to get in a couple
 hours ride fairly early, meet Barbara for breakfast, then while she goes
off to work for a few hours I will get chores done.

As I said this has been my NYD tradition, ranging in duration/ pucker  factor
from a ride on my 93 ZX-7 in a blizzard (3.5 inches snow/ice on roads, 50
MPH winds, gusts to 77 MPH wind chill of -25 F) of 4.5 miles/scariest ride of my
 life, to a round trip ride from Knoxville TN (250 plus miles/major grin
factor)  where I was working at the West Side Dinner Theatre, home to my folks for
hog  jowls, collard greens, blackeye peas , and cornbread,for lunch and a
visit  with my girlfriend, to get back for the matinee by 3PM. Temps for that one
were  in the 60's, sunny, etc. and I was on my 74 CB 450.

Whether the old wives tale is true or not, about what you do on NYD being
what you will do all year, I have gotten some pretty awesome memories out of it.
 So if you can get out and ride then do it, even if it is just down the
driveway  and back. Whatever you do be safe. Have fun, and Happy New Year

"Iguana" Joe  Thomas

The older I get, the faster I was...
ATGATT (ask someone who  knows)

AMA Lifer
HSTA
RAT
former COG

84 GPz 750 the  geriatric ninja (future track bike)
03 DR200se
98 Concours DRKLIZRD (gone  but not forgotten)
07 Sprint ST ABS ( Banshee  Spitfire)