Re: [ST] Fwd:[HSTA] Deals Gap Info

Here is the "official response" from dealsgap.com

"Recently, there was a message sent through the internet world, that
there will be some serious patrolling on the Dragon by THP. The person
that posted the info claims to be a THP officer, and stated that we
will see some major LEO presence this summer, because of all the high
speed riding that goes on up here. Let me be the first to tell you
that we have not been contacted by the person that allegedly posted
that info, and more importantly, we are curious to know how they will
actually pull this off, with budgetary constraints and all that.
Either way, the report stated that THP will be coming up on the dragon
more often this year, and will be targeting the faster riders on this
road. It goes on to say that they will be sneaky, using under cover
cars and bikes, and will be looking for the ignorant riders that can
be found from time to time up here.

While I am happy to finally hear that we will get some sort of support
by the local LEO's, I am very disappointed to hear that it's not
consistent and that it's a strong arm tactic. Do the higher ups at THP
not realize that they can actually do more good with a smaller
presence and positive interaction, than they can do with
over-saturation?? Once again, whoever is in charge of driving this THP
bus, has a very small mind, and doesn't realize they can do way more
good with a positive presence, instead of these storm trooper tactics.
I wish the THP all the best in their endeavors (if in fact this is all
true), and hope they catch the great white whale that they are looking
for. More importantly, I sure do hope they don't need any assistance
while they are up here, as it might just fall on deaf ears."

So, there you have it. Don't believe everything you read or gets posted.