Re: [ST] Newbie Questions for aftermarket headlights, horns, and heated grips ...

Doug wrote:
> As a new ST owner, I have a few newbie questions:
>
> 1) What aftermarket headlight kits (e.g. HID) are best to use with an ST?
>    Mine is an '02 model imported to US.
>
> 2) What aftermarket horn kits are best to use with an ST?
>    Same model as #1.
>
> 3) What heated grips are best to use on an '02 ST?
>

> Thanks.
>
> Doug

Doug,
Not sure on the aftermarket headlight deal.  Some people have gone to
HID conversions, but I don't know if anyone with them on an ST.  The
quickest way to improve your headlights is to pick up some better
bulbs.  I think the Sylvania Superstars were one of the options, but
somebody else will have to give you better info on that, as I have yet
to change the bulbs in my '03.
There was a thread recently on the Stebel Nautilus(?) horn and fitment
to the ST.  Here's a link to photos of Emile's setup:
http://piloot.smugmug.com/gallery/1338993

As for grips, there are several options.  The Triumph kit, while
expensive, is decent.  I got the dealer to throw them in when I bought
my bike, but they normally run around $200.  They are actual grips, not
just heaters.  You can get aftermarket grip heaters for around $30-50
that install under your existing grips and work well.  I believe the
favorite brand is Dual-Star:
http://www.dual-star.com/index2/Rider/heated_grip_kit1.htm

HTH,
Dan