[ST] What are they thinking

  I just got back from the International Motorcycle show in Chicago. I
can't think of a better way to spend a cold February day. Looking at all
the new bikes and sifting threw all the new accessories and apparel.
Checking out all the factory girls (momentary pause for thought) and
watching the stunt riders perform there acts.. A great time for all,
although something was different this year. As always a wore my Triumph
coat. This year people kept coming up to me and asking were is the
Triumph display. They wanted to see the new Triumph bikes.Thet asked if
Triumph as gone out of business. They were wondering why Triumph was not
at the show. All i could do is stand there with a stupid look on my
face. I told them that i had herd that Triumph was not going to be at
any North American shows.Why would Triumph give there dealers with so
little support. As I watched the thousands of people file threw the
turnstiles I began to wonder what Triumph was thinking. Why would you
pass up so much exposure at the shows. Magazine ads are ok but there is
nothing like having a line of people waiting to sit on your bike.
Potential customer after customer checking out your product. There's
noting like actually sitting on a bike to get your imagination going, to
make you feel like you really need this bike. There were many
manufactures there showing off there new bikes. Some of the same old
manufactures and there were some new companies there trying to grab some
customers. It can't be a money issue because even a first year business
student knows you must spent money to make money. I want Triumph
continue making motorcycles. I don't understand there thinking. I bought
my first bike at age ten (Honda SL70 ) and when i brought it home i
parked it next to my dads Triumph. I was so proud. I had many hours
riding on the back of my dads bike. Memories I will have forever. When
Triumph went out of business i was very disappointed. I had dreamed
someday that i would own a Triumph. Dad is gone now and I'm now forty
eight year's old.  I own a 2000 Triumph  ST and of all the bikes i have
owned the ST is my favorite. After a day of work I love nothing more
than getting on my Triumph, feeling the wind and the sensation of open
roads. My son is now fifteen and he has his thoughts  on the 675 when he
gets is license. If Triumph doesn't abandon there simple way of thinking
my son may not get to experience the thrill of riding his own Triumph.
After watching dealer after dealer in the Chicago land area deciding to
no longer sell Triumph's it makes you wonder how long they will be around.
I should be accustomed to this simple way of thinking because along with
my dad first love of riding his Triumph, he was also a Chicago Cubs fan.

Gary D.
Twin Lakes, WI