Re: [ST] What are they thinking

Gary,
I feel the same way.  The story I heard as to why Triumph didn't show
(they weren't here last year either) was that they'd rather spend their
money on their demo trucks.  Last year they sponsored "Triumph Days" at
dealers across the country.  They have most if not all of their bikes
available for demo rides.  It seems like more and more dealers won't let
you demo a bike unless you're a prior customer and they know you. I
guess I can't blame them.  A law suit or two could close them down.  So
this is a great way to see and ride the bikes without putting the
dealers at risk.  I can learn almost all I the technical details I want
from the internet or other sources.  But I need a dealer to actually
"feel" the bike when I ride it.

BTW, KTM wasn't at the show either.

Just my $0.02.

George

Garry DiSilvestro wrote:
 A great time for all, although something was different this year. As
always a wore my Triumph coat. This year people kept coming up to me and
asking were is the Triumph display. They wanted to see the new Triumph
bikes.Thet asked if Triumph as gone out of business. They were wondering
why Triumph was not at the show. All i could do is stand there with a
stupid look on my face. I told them that i had herd that Triumph was not
going to be at any North American shows.Why would Triumph give there
dealers with so little support.