[ST] 12k Service...

So I had the dealer do the 12k service, and just got off the phone with
them.  Valves checked out ok, needs new coolant, brake fluid, front pads
are at 25%, back pads are fine.  The service guy tried to get me to
replace the chain, but said the sprockets looked ok.  So everything
sounds good...

Total, with parts and labor (including flushing and replacing coolant
and brake fluid):

$885

gulp

What the hell cost that much?!?  I understand that shop labor rates are
high, and the time for the service is 5 hrs.  But that doesn't even
account for half of the bill!  I guess you can factor in the "black
gold" and filter for another $75-80, but that still only puts you at
$400!  I'ma hafta go have a talk with them boys and look over their
mathematics, I think...