Re: [ST] 12k Service...

George K wrote:
> The cost of gaskets will kill you!  I picked up the cam cover gasket,
> the spark plug well gaskets (3), and an oil filter a couple of weeks and
> with tax it was around $82.  If they used the Triumph Mobil 1 oil,
> that'll cost a bundle too.  I use Amzoil 10w-40 in mine.  When I
> replaced some of the shims at my 12,000 mile service I think I paid ~$7
> a shim.  That's why I try to do as much as possible on my own.  Of
> course you have to have the time and tools........

Ok, well that helps some...  I didn't realize the gaskets were that
bad.  I kind of figured the air filter was part of it, and I know they
charge around $60 for the oil.

The only reason I had them do it was time.  I have the tools, just no
time to take the bike apart.  He did say that I seem to really take care
of my bike (don't know where he got that idea...)

All I can say is thank God for VISA and tax returns.  Maybe I'll pick up
some new tires while I'm at it... Any recommendations?  (just kidding!)

Dan