[ST] On the road again

Well after way too many weeks of being stuck up on my motorcycle lift,
I used my day off yesterday to borrow a mechanic friend's Snap-On
impact wrench and was finally able to remove the countershaft sprocket
and then get the new sprockets and chain installed. Never expected that
it would take a month to change the chain, but my progression of long
wrech, long wrench with 3' breaker bar, a delay for the holidays, then
a trip to Harbor Freight and purchase of an apparently wimpy (and since
returned) air impact wrench all contributed to the Sprint being out of
service for way too long.

So if you're doing this yourself, I would highly recommend just finding
the best air impact wrench you can beg, borrow or steal and then it's a
piece of cake.

Only had time for a short ride yesterday and the roads were cold and
wet, but it still felt great to get the beast out of the garage.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned