Re: [ST] Mystery Oil Leak on my 01 ST--sorta solved

Never heard of it happening, Todd, but it shouldn't be caused by the ethanol
in gasoline.  If that were the case, it would be a widespread problem in
lots of plastic tanked vehicles, wouldn't it?  Yours is the first I've heard
of, and something like that would be sure to bring a lawsuit here in the
good old USofA.  And I work for a company that does litigation support for
several auto manufacturers, and I know at least one of them uses some sort
of plastic in some of their fuel tanks...

Boy that was a long-winded way to say that its probably not due to ethanol.
Any sign of wear at that point?  Is the fuel tank the same on your bike as
it is on my '03?  I thought that the plastic "tank" that is visible is
really like a shell for the actual tank...

Dan