Re: [ST] Front brake light switch

Rik Relph wrote:
> A request for the knowledge of liSTers.
>
> When using the front brake, the brake light does not work. The light is fine
> with the rear.
> Any ideas?
>
> Rik.

I believe that you and I have the same model of ST - mine was purchased
in October 2004, just before the 05 was announced.
I am having (I noticed it yesterday morning) problems with the front
brake lever not lighting the rear light too.  However, the front lever
will turn on the brake light, sometimes.  The rear brake will turn on
the brake light, always.  I am ruling out - on my bike at least - that
it could be a wiring fault as the light will always work if I *really*
pull the front brake lever hard (when stationary, I'm not going to grab
a handful of front brake at speed; call me a chicken).  This seems to me
to be conclusively a switch fault on the front lever.

Sounds like it's a similar fault to yours, all things considered.

Regards

Dave Jolley.