Re: [ST] ST1050 Front Brake recall...?

I can definately put in a good word for the fun factor of the 675 as there is
now one parked in my shed beside my 05 ST. Merry Christmas to me!!!

As has been mentioned previously, I still think of the ST as a great bike.
There have been issues with it, but they have not made it a bad bike. These
things get talked about so much on the various forums, that it can easily be blown
out of proprortion.

To their credit Triumph are doing a recall on the rear link set up. They are
also sorting the front brake master cyclinder as a good will gesture for
anyone that asks for it as many owners report no problems there.

The black film on my 05 ST screen lifted and they replaced it. The black film
on the replacement screen has lifted and my dealer tells me they will replace
that too if I want.

There have been a bunch of other niggles, but I think they are just that -
niggles as you get with any mass produced mechanical device.

If you prefer an FJR over the ST thats your choice. If youre parting with the
ST because of the "problems" I reckon thats a mistake, especially if you are
enjoying the ride. It still is a great bike for the job its designed to do.

My two cents, humble opinion etc etc....

Brett.