Re: [ST] Stebel horn

A relay is definitely required.  The horn takes (IIRC) 20A YIKES !!

Great horn though....it REALLY get's the f***wit's attention.

-----Original Message-----
From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neil Lindsey
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 11:21 AM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Stebel horn

you don't need a relay to perform the test if the wire you use is thick and
relatively short

but you do need the relay for the permanent installation -- otherwise too
much current goes through the wiring to your horn switch -- it not likely
heavy enough gauge wire to handle the increased load of the stebel -- horn
switch contacts may not be up to it either