Re: [ST] Stebel horn

>From: Kevin Dicks
>I don't think you are correct.  The lines from the horn switch go to the
>relay, NOT to the horn directly.
>>so my question is when i touched the wires from the horn to
>>the battery terminals why wasn't the horn very loud?
>>philip

The answer is in the same message, Kevin:

> >> took the hot and ground and hooked to the battery to
> >> test (wish i had done this part first). got a very
> >> weak horn sound. it should have made me deaf.
> >> philip

It was to test the horn, because he thought first the relay
was broken. You can check the relay itself as well by hooking
it up before connecting the horn. Press the horn button and
you can hear the relay click to switch. Wiring the horn directly
should have caused it to give full blast upon touching the battery,
with thick enough wiring at least. Make sure the air inlet is
not blocked by something, otherwise I guess it is broken (no
problems with my Stebels so far).

Emile
www.piloot.com