Re: [ST] Battery Chargers

Rich,

Schumacher makes a product ,I think they call it a
"Battery Maintainer". It is a generic Battery Tender
that costs about $17 at Walmart. I have one Battery
Tender ( the first one I bought) and two of the
Schumachers, and find them to be every bit as good. I
bought the first Schumacher when I felt I just needed
more than one unit. (In the winter, I had 4-5 bikes, a
car, and a boat battery to maintain. Thank God that
number has dwindled somewhat...). I decided to move
one bike out to my Mom's out west to have something to
ride there, so I bought a second Schumacher for it. So
now I have one of each here at home, two units, and
only 3-4 batteries to maintain. I rotate them, but of
course can keep two on at once. I feel the Schumacher
is as good as the Battery Tender, costs 1/3 as much.
To answer your amp question, I think either unit is
strong enough, you will not toast a battery with a
maintainence unit such as these...Best of luck,

John
--- "Masiak, Richard"