[ST] 06 ST Underseat Exhaust

<last of four posts for today!>

This is the biggest and most expensive bugaboo for me.

After a lengthy discussion with Dave, my favourite parts guy (JohnS, I just know you would like this guy at the Ottawa Goodtime Centre!), he made several “bolt-on” suggestions.  In order of cost effectiveness, they are:

Add an air-cushion on top of the stock seat for about $100 Cdn.  This would supposedly add comfort and provide insulation from the heat.  On the down side, it would increase seat height by a cm or two (not a big problem), however, I am not convinced that it would be all that effective.

Next up is the Triumph “competition only” pipe (~$700 Cdn) which foregoes the catalytic converter, makes more power, sounds better (as well as being louder – more "acoustically pleasing" as Dave said!) and is a tad lighter.  While all that sounds good (yes, pun intended), the part that caught my ear, since I had not given this aspect much thought, is that since the cat needs to run very hot to work, removing the stock exhaust (incl the cat) should produce less heat under the seat.

Again, is anyone on the list prepared to comment on this aspect of the Triumph accessory pipe?

Moving along in the same vein, in my early days tripping through the archives (before I started taking notes, of course!), I saw a beautiful set of after market triple pipes installed on a 05+ ST.  Could someone be kind enough to repost the website for this option as well?
Has anyone else ridden with these MV Augusta look-alike pipes (OK, three instead of four tips is close!) to offer any heat-related commentary?

Also discussed with Dave were various “home made” options such as adding extra heat insulation under the seat and cutting extra venting into the sidepanels.

I am open to exploring any combination of these options so any constructive viewpoints would be most welcome before I open up my chequebook and/or AMEX card in the near future!

Cheers,

Brian
GWN