From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dan Wetherington
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 2:32 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] 06 ST Underseat Exhaust

Brian Pitman wrote:

> Moving along in the same vein, in my early days tripping through the
archives (before I started taking notes, of course!), I saw a beautiful
set of after market triple pipes installed on a 05+ ST.  Could someone
be kind enough to repost the website for this option as well?
> Has anyone else ridden with these MV Augusta look-alike pipes (OK,
three instead of four tips is close!) to offer any heat-related
commentary?
Brian,
The "triple" pipe is most likely a custom job.  I have yet to see an
aftermarket undertail with the triple outlet that wasn't.  Of course, I
haven't been looking at replacements for the 05-07 bikes, as mine is an
03.  I have ridden an 05 with the Triumph "Offroad" pipe, and the heat
didn't seem much different than that on my 03 (temperatures were in the
low 80's, July in WI).  However, I've not ridden a stock 05 to compare.

Your cheapest option is adding insulation.  The ceramic coating may cost

as much as an aftermarket pipe...

HTH,
Dan

NOTICE:  This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)=
 and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized=
 review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the=
 intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy al=
l copies of the original message.