Re: [ST] best biking roads in UK

On 14 Jul 2007, at 15:48, onefut wrote:

>  Well was lookin thru MCN last week an the had the top 10 biking
> roads in
> the UK

I saw that but my better half 'recycled it' before I managed to read
it.  What were the other 7?

> An 3 of em are near me :-)
>
> A87 Invergarry to Kyle of Lochalsh
> A87 Kyleakin to Uig (isle of Skye)
> And the Run over Applecross pass, cant remember the A road designation

Did first and third last summer: thought the A87 was pretty good
whichever bit I was on.  Was a great day - rode out to Mallaig on the
A830 and found I couldn't get on the ferry... and wait for another
was huge.  So rode back and up to Kyle of Lochalsh on A87, before
heading up to Applecross - then on to Kinlochewe and Ullapool.  Had
amazingly good weather all day - even though it was raining steadily
in Fort William the two times I went through...

Another good route from that trip was the loop up to Kinlochleven
just before you get to Fort William travelling North.  Got there at
end of day, and it was a great way to stop.  No idea on how you
measure such things, but quite hard to ride well I think.

All these routes I owe to great suggestions made by riders in the
SWeST forum (UK ST riders - theoretically from South West of UK...
but actually from all over the place).  Proof that it is good to ask
about such things!

> So aren’t I a lucky boy coz I live in Kyle of Lochalsh
>
> Always new they were good roads but 3 of the top10
> That’s Sweet
>
> If any of u r up here let me know an ill put the kettle on

I've promised myself another trip - maybe next summer.  I'll look
forward to the cuppa...

Gavin Lawrie
ST'03

2GC Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Address: Albany House, Market Street, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8BE.
Contact: +44 (0) 1628 421506 // info@xxxxxxxxx
Registered number: 3754183.
Registered office:16, Wentworth Road, Oxford OX2 7TQ.
http://www.2gc.co.uk/