Re: [ST] Sooty suggestions?

At 06:39 PM 7/22/2007, you wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>I'd never heard of SeaFoam before.  I take it you mean something along
>the lines of spraying Deep Creep into the air intake, or directly into
>the valve, e.g. when removing the airbox to check/change the plugs?
>Dunno.  Their claims look impressive though, and the fact that sooty
>deposits can work back up the inlet lines to the IAC valve probably
>means there's more of the Van der Waals bonded goop lurking in there :o)
>
>If you think it would help, I may look into it.  It's so great having an
>easy starting, smooth running bike.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Andrew

Yeah you could do that, but I was more thinking of their bottled
cleaner and using a small siphon hose setup to "suck" it  into the
IAC and down the intake stacks.

I will probably do this in the next couple of days on the VFR, since
it still has the original air filter in it (I'm just waiting for a
BMC to arrive)

The cars always seem to respond to it very well.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"