Re: [St] St Digest, Vol 28, Issue 25

Help needed for the old-time Newbie rider to the
List

  My first question would be why you'd remove any body work from your ST, as
the drain plug, a 13mm head,  is on the bottom of the sump!  And what "oil
cap" are you referring to?  With the bike on the center stand, my  method
with a warm motor is to remove/ drain/ toss the old filter, and replace the
filter with a partially filled (with fresh oil) new filter- don't forget to
put a dab of oil on the O ring, remove the oil drain plug, contemplate the
sky and trees for a bit of time, replace the drain plug, check the washer
while doing so, and administer roughly 3.2 litres of Triumph's synthetic.
I've been using Triumph's filters and oil on all of my bikes since my first
Hinckley in '96...I then run the bike for a minute, clean up all tools,
rags, etc. and then check the oil level, looking for the midway point on the
dipstick....miss my '01's sight glass....YMMV, etc...

Denis Liakos
'06 Sunset Red ST