----- Original Message ----
From: JES_VFR jes_vfr@xxxxxxxxxxx

Um, I thought that the Catalyst was located under
gearbox, to keep it close enough the exhaust
ports to maintain the operating temp. That would
make me think that it is the closeness and
treatment of the exhaust header and mufflers that
creates the heat issues not the cat.

Of course I could be wrong.