Re: [ST] Hardwire your GPS

Todd J wrote:
> I mounted my Garmin GPSMAP 60CS onto a RAM and have been running batteries but want to hard wire it in. Love it, but found that during high rpms it shuts off. It is my understanding, per one of the Web boards, that due to the vibes the batteries intermittently contact registering a weak battery and shut down.
>
> What have you done to hardwire your pre-05s (mine is an 01)? I dont want to use the accessory socket to keep that available for other things.
>   Todd
Todd,
If you're not using the grip heater circuit, you could tap into that.
The 60CS shouldn't draw too much power, so you could tie into the
switched leg of that plug if you wanted it to be controlled by the
ignition switch.  I did the same to power my comm. system, allowing me
to put the unit in the tankbag rather than under the seat.

FWIW, mine's an 03 ST.

Dan