[ST] Another Tire Thread?

I just returned from a Hawk rally in Virginia, back to New Hampshire, and my rear tire is all done.  Once again, since I live so far from what I consider to be good roads (Northwest Virginia on south) and I commute quite a lot on the Sprint, I'm left with tire after tire hitting the wear bars in the center with plenty of side tread left.  Can anyone speak to a tire that has a "rock hard", high mileage center tread that can still play in the mountains, when I can get there?

At least I was able to completely erase my rear chicken strips before the tire died!  :0)!!

TIA,