[ST] Progress on 01 RS

Posted a few messages a month or so back on my very sick RS. Misfiring, no
tickover, wouldn't pick up etc.

Now to report that the dealer who I bought the bike from has finally sorted
it out with a new throttle position sensor and a new download. The bike is
now running brilliantly. Fantastic pick up and 57mpg when I checked it.

This has to be the most pleasurable bike I have ever owned. Long may it run!

Now fitting a decent horn (a Nautilus air job) to make sure that all those
people in cars who don't hear the pathetic squawk of the original take
notice.

Finally on electronic gear postion indicators, as long as you remeber that
4000 rpm in 6th equates to 70 mph you should always know you are in top gear
and not need to fish for 7th.

Just a comment on low mileage, low use bikes. Although it seems good to get
a low mileage machine I reckon they have more faults than a high mileage
well looked after bike. Electrics in particular don't seem to like being
left idle for any length of time. My motto is use it a lot and look after
it!

Dave

Durham

UK