Re: [ST] Calling All Listers

At 08:57 AM 6/8/2007, you wrote:

>Funny Brett, but isnt one of the first things we do when we see the
>mystery "Check Engine Light" is the go through three shutdown
>cycles? Your comment is not so far from the truth...;-)

That is a kind of interesting analogy.
But think about this, the Check Engine Light may come on but unless
the failure is so bad that the vehicle truly cannot keep going, the
light only indicates a fault.
That is what is called a fault tolerant design, Windows is not very
fault tolerant, since even with XP Pro, certain errors in an
application will cause a complete system crash.
That would be like a single irregular reading from the throttle
position sensor causing the bike/car not only to stop running, but to
completely shut off like the key switch was turned to off.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"