Re: [ST] New rider to the list

At 04:12 PM 6/12/2007, you wrote:

>I found some Hayabusa calipers on eBay w/pads and 311 miles on them. I got
>them for $120.00
>
>Removed the lines, re-hooked them to the Busa calipers, Bleed them out and
>presto chango, brakes are cured.
>
>The problem with the Triumph caliper is really the seal between the caliper
>housing and the piston. The seal tends to stick to the piston. And in effect
>it is pulling the pistons back into the calipers just enough to cause the
>extra travel in the brake lever. What you are doing is taking up the slack
>with the extra travel.  The "cleaning" is a waste of time. You can clean the
>outsides of the caliper all you want. And the people that say " Cleaning and
>lubing fixed mine." are off just slightly. The reason I say that is, Sure
>they are better now, however that rubber seal that you can see is only a
>dust shield. The real seal is behind what you can see and clean. The reason
>they are better after you have cleaned them is because you pushed the
>pistons back into the calipers before you remounted them on the forks. You
>"unstuck" them by doing that.
>I am a wrench by trade and put 23,000 miles on my 04 ST before the upgrade
>and had to push my pistons back in many times. I know what's going on with
>them.
>Forget about the Triumph calipers and get the 6 piston Busa's. I've now got
>almost 27,000 on her and the lever is still right where I left it.
>Rick
>www.BritRider.com

So they are a direct bolt on to what year triumphs.
I'm currently negotiating the purchase of a 2007 black sprint st 1050.
Will I need any brackets or different mounting bolts for this???

Will the 'Busa calipers bolt right on to it?
What effect on the lever throw and braking feel will the new calipers have?

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"