Re: [ST] New rider to the list (Brakes)

 I am a little confused, sorry.

Lever travel, to me, indicates wear on the pads. The fluid in the MC
reservoir pushes out the piston taking up the slack caused by the wear on
the pads. This results in the level of the brake fluid droping slightly. On
the next pull of the level the point where the pads start to engage the
disks (rotors) should remain constant.

The impression I am getting is that the pistons are retracting fully back
into the caliper and not taking up the slack. Something is wrong there.

I have ordered new brakes and they should be with me by the weekend.
Hopefully I will have enough time to do a complete strip down and replace
them (coaching again this weekend).

I like the idea of swapping out the calipers to the 6 piston 'Busa but will
they bolt onto a 99 model ST?

Thanks to all for your input, you have left me food for thought.

Mark