Re: [ST] Busa brake upgrade

A bunch of the japanese bikes had the Tokico 6 piston calipers in the spacing needed. GSXR 750/1000,TL 1000, Kawasaskis in 750/1000, and several others besides the Busas. Took me about 1/2 hour to swap including bleeding.Very easy swap and great upgrade. Just measure your mounting holes and compare. Not all Triumphs are the same but works on most Sprints.Jim.

From: "onefut" <onefut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <st@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Busa brake upgrade
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:48:58 +0100

That?s sounds like a great upgrade

Is it only busa brakes that fit or will other Suzuki callipers fit?

Do they just bolt straight on?

Sounds almost to easy :-)

Onefut

Message: 7

Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:12:58 -0400

From: "Rick" <ricksine@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: [ST] New rider to the list

To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

            reply-type=original

I found some Hayabusa calipers on eBay w/pads and 311 miles on them. I got
them for $120.00

Removed the lines, re-hooked them to the Busa calipers, Bleed them out and
presto chango, brakes are cured.

The problem with the Triumph caliper is really the seal between the caliper
housing and the piston. The seal tends to stick to the piston. And in effect
it is pulling the pistons back into the calipers just enough to cause the
extra travel in the brake lever. What you are doing is taking up the slack
with the extra travel. The "cleaning" is a waste of time. You can clean the
outsides of the caliper all you want. And the people that say " Cleaning and
lubing fixed mine." are off just slightly. The reason I say that is, Sure
they are better now, however that rubber seal that you can see is only a
dust shield. The real seal is behind what you can see and clean. The reason
they are better after you have cleaned them is because you pushed the
pistons back into the calipers before you remounted them on the forks. You
"unstuck" them by doing that.

I am a wrench by trade and put 23,000 miles on my 04 ST before the upgrade
and had to push my pistons back in many times. I know what's going on with
them.

Forget about the Triumph calipers and get the 6 piston Busa's. I've now got
almost 27,000 on her and the lever is still right where I left it.

Rick

www.BritRider.com

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.472 / Virus Database: 269.8.15/847 - Release Date: 12/06/2007 21:42