Re: [ST] Torque spec on RS rear wheel?

I've put an entire car engine/gearbox back together from individual
pieces in the past without a torque wrench and to no ill effect on my
life despite thrashing the result for many miles.

I don't recommend it though, especially on modern materials.  Titanium
bolts that appear to be aluminium, plastics and ill-fitting mating
surfaces; the list goes on.  Having a split-pin or other secondary
device is a possible let-off, but don't forget, torque wrench fanatics,
that you need clean threads to get a good reading.

0.02GBP
Chris Harwood
00 RS

>>> BrettWilson21@xxxxxxx 19/06/2007 12:53:20 >>>
Interesting that this subject comes up from time to time.

The only time I've used a torque wrench is for putting an engine head
back on
and re tightening it after a few km's.

Dead reckoning for everything else and I've never snapped a bolt off.
And no
they are not left to loose.

Each to their own I guess.

Brett.