Re: [ST] Another new member

> Can I hear from short folks like me on seats and bars, please?

I'm about 5'7", 30" inseam.  I have a Corbin seat and Genmar bar
risers, both of which came on the bike so I have no comparison to
stock.  (I do have the stock seat, so I could compare if I needed to,
but I haven't thought it worth the effort.)

I find the position to be very comfortable.  I have at least 6" of
seating wiggle room, so I can be scooted up to the tank or pretty far
back, although my arms are too short to sit very far back unless I'm
laying on the tank.  Cruising along the flat highways here, laying on
the tank is actually a very comfortable option, puts some weight on
the chest and off the seat and feet, and hands.  When the roads were
more interesting on my trip last summer, the seating position felt
pretty normal and comfortable, and the only thing that was sore was
my shoulders from being a little too tense while getting used to
actually having to turn the bike.   While I'm sitting up, I'm usually
pretty close to the tank.

The only thing that is uncomfortable on my Sprint is riding in a city
with too many stoplights. The bike just wants to go, and punishes me
for making it suffer.  :)

I also have a sheepskin pad, and I like it a lot.  It is worth every
penny that I paid for it.

http://www.alaskaleather.com/buttpads.html

Jim