Re: [ST] upgrades

Robert wrote:
> I bought my Sprint over a year ago from a man on Craig's List. It already
> had a few upgrades. I have the rear rack, hard saddle bags, tank bag, bar
> risers, K&N filter, throttlemeister, Corbin seat, carbon fiber muffler, Euro
> headlight switch on right side to turn off the headlights, and aux outlet
> for a body suit.
>
> I took off the tank bag, and rear rack, because I never used them and I
> didn't like the way they looked. I am trying to find an underseat exhaust
> system like the new Sprints have to show off that single sided swing arm. I
> found one for $510 that fits the 955i but haven't found anyone talking about
> having it or how they like it.
>
> http://www.triumphnet.com/st/acc/pipeline/index.htm
>
> Anyone know how to adjust a Throttlemeister? Mine starts slowing down after
> I set it. Wish Triumph would add an electric cruise like BMW has. I came
> close to buying a used K1200rs because of cruise and shaft drive. But I
> always wanted a Triumph.
>
> -Robert
> 'in the woods of south west Georgia'
Robert,
Good luck finding a Pipeline exhaust.  They came from down under, and as
far as I know are no longer available in the US.  The Powermax system
(nearly identical) is also not readily available, as they were going to
redesign it 2 years ago, and it never resurfaced.  From what I
understand, Team Triumph in Janesville, WI, is the "owner" of the
Powermax design.  For an undertail exhaust, your only options are to
have one custom-bent or (I think), Wolf Racing out of the UK.  However,
I don't know if they carry the Sprint undertail anymore either...

I gave up on the idea, especially since the Powermax was a little too
loud for my tastes and a lot too expensive...

What (if anything) did you do with the luggage rack?  Has it been sold,
or do you still have it floating around?

Dan