Re: [ST] The Dreaded Tire Thread....

John,

I have been using D220's on my VFR and averaging between 5 and 6,000 miles per rear and 10-12,000 on the front. I also have a Triumph Sprint ST I have been running Z6's and Pilot Roads on.  I find the Z6's and Pilot roads nearly identical in performance and wear averaging between 4-5,000 per rear and about 6-7,000 per front.

For comparison I used to run D205's on the VFR and had slightly better milage about 6-,7000 or a rear and 9-10,000 on a front. It also used to travel on the VFR more than I do now. I have run a variety of tires on the Sprint.  Milage goes something like this OEM Bridgestone BT50? less than 2,000 rear 2,500 front, a crap tire.  BT020's less than 4,000 rear about 6,000 front.

The D220's, Pilot Roads and Z6's all offer plenty of traction.  I have slide the Z6's and Pilot Roads near the end of the tread life on occassion.

Rick B.
Pfafftown, NC