Re: [ST] The Dreaded Tire Thread....

> John,
> Are you guys talking about the same bike?  I believe
> (from previous
> conversations) that John U. is talking about a Honda
> Hawk GT, not the
> Superhawk (which I'm assuming you're talking about).

Hi Dan,

Just to set the record strait, my other bike IS a
Superhawk. I love those little hawks but have never
owned one. Thanks for thinking of me tho...

> That may change your recommendation...
>
> To the other John:  What do you mean by "I've had my
> best luck with the
> 020's"?  Are you talking durability, predictability,
> turn-in, something
> else?

They seem to be the most nuetral of any tire i have
used, and I get the best mileage out of them, which,
for me, is about 5k...I like the way they turn in ,
they are ver predictable. The front doesnt seem to
scallop as much as some others I have used. That being
said, I have never used Avons or Pilots...I hesitate
to change too much on the RS, since the 020s, I have
run a few sets of 014s and 014/010 combos, and it
seems as though i have been fighting with the bike for
a year now. I wanted to go back to what works, and of
course, the 020s are no longer available...hence my
questions...

John

I've had fairly little to complain about with