Re: [ST] The Dreaded Tire Thread....

At 09:15 AM 6/22/2007, you wrote:

>Thanks for your thoughts, John. You are not too far
>off the mark on my bikes...The RS is my distance bike,
>meaning it is the preferred one for trips. It is hard
>to see the difference in the ergos, but you sure feel
>them...An inch lower pegs and an inch higher bars
>makes all the difference. For me, I can ride the RS
>indefinately, the SH I can ride all day, up and over
>500 miles, as long as I dont have to get on it the
>following day. The RS's motor is actually a liittle
>stronger, but both seem to munch rear tires quick...I
>am so tired of changing tires more frequently than
>oil. Thats why I am looking at Sporttouring tires for
>both bikes. Had 020s on both and liked them. Got good
>deals on a bunch of 014s and 010s, not sure they were
>the right ticket. As much as I would like to think I
>am fast, I cannot outride the grip of the 020s...
>
>What year VFR do you have ?
>
>John

I have a 2001 VFR, the last of the gear driven cams.

Since you seem to ride both bikes a lot, I would change my
recommendation to Avon storms for both or Diablo strada's.
I had azaros last, but they are rapidly being replaced with the storms.

JohnS
A Dragon Ascending
"Forging my body in the Fires of my Will"