From: st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:st-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Eoin Kirwan
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 6:31 PM
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ST] Flat Battery

On Monday 05 March 2007 21:53, Jeremy Witt wrote:
> I've been told the car should not be running during the jump.

My experience was that with the car not running, the bike would spin on the
starter but not fast enough to fire (car is also a one litre triple so a
larger car's battery might fare better!). No problems when jump starting it
off the car with car engine running. Talk of "current being too much"
doesn't
stack up as the car battery is a nominal 12V just like the bike and the
car's
voltage regulator will limit the alternator voltage to about 14.5V, same as
the bike. Just don't get the connections the wrong way around :-O

Eoin

'04 ST955i