[ST] jump statring. was Flat Battery

Chris,

A small car then. Given what you said in the previous post I am pretty
 sure you know what you're talking about. But about starting the car,
probably the max peak current of the battery is a limitation here as the
starter is behaving as a short circuit when starting to rotate. That is the
*counter-electromotive force is close to zero.

Getting back to jump starting the ecu equiped engine, I too heard that it could damage the
computer given the possible hight voltage transient. That won't prevent me from jump starting
when I am stuck in the middle of nowhere. That said I don't do it when I have another alternative.

When my first battery started to fail, I had not enough energy to drive the starter but enough to power
the ecu. Then letting the bike go for a few meters in a gentle slope was sufficient to crank up.
Could probably be impossible w/ a two cylinders one liter like a vtrom or an ST3.

Just to say something about the subject.

Fred ST 02 BRG

*