Re: [ST] 10 000km motor problems

Hi guys, the mail below is an old one I posted ages ago.

Since then I've been lurking, as well as putting another 10000kms on my
Daytona.

Here's an update:

the 955 motor on my friends RS turned out to have a dodgy oil pump pressure
release valve, which is why the oil light came on at idle.

Pretty C#$p for a motor with 10 000kms on it, and very strange that it only
started after the service.

Anyway the agents put in a warranty claim, and then things whent completley
pear shaped.

The Moron in their workshop who re-assembled and fitted the motor left an
engine mounting spacer out, then overtorqued the mounting and split the
engine casing. He tried to cover this up by stalling and having a mate 'Tig'
weld the casing, which is why the repair took so long.

After delivery of the bike back to Jon the motor promptly expired, period!

Result: a fired mechanic, and the dealer paid out my friend for his bike! he
wont touch Triumph again, which is sad, although I respect the delearship
for coming clean and paying him out for his bike.

cheers

Marc
Milnerton, Cape Town, RSA