Re: [ST] female quick disconnect failure

Rich

Thanks for the info. I already received the info from the list though.

I ordered my female coupling from http://www.quickcouplings.net and I paid 10$04.
Shipping to France was a bit expensive though (13$). But the total is 23$ which is
relatively cheap compared to 22Euros plastic one at my dealer.

I didn't ask that they replace buna-n (nitril) w/ viton (fluorocarbon)
to get things easier. I can find the seal here by myself as it' widely use in
aggressive environment. Plus I use the lower octane grade (95 here) which contains
less benzene.

Adding the price of the 4 parts would make a 45$18. Apparently  I should replace
LCD17004 w/  LCD16004 (which is not so big of a deal) because I didn't find the LCD17004
in their catalogu. I didn't ask though.

In addition there is no replacement at http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/images/Ttfke-1.jpg
for the 1/4 BSPT elbow which probably tend to crack too.

My temporary fix works so far. I will change the part at my next service.

>>I realize that I'm a little late to the party, but for a complete
>>replacement solution for the quick disconnects, you should take a look here:

>>http://www.rideteamtriumph.com/sprint_st.htm

>>I had my shop get them from this place.  Haven't had a problem since I had
>>them installed.

Fred ST 02 BRG