Re: [ST] Fork/triple clamp needs tightening - THANKS

Oh to have a centre stand...........

My Daytona doesnt have one, and the exhaust runs right over the only patch
to fit a block of wood and a jack.

There is an exposed part a bit further back under the engine, but when I
tried lifting that it just liftef the back up.

Must be the front wheel bias of the weight distribution.

The only way to get the front wheel clear would be to take the fairing off,
and hoist it up via the frame.

I ended up taking the bike in for the agents to do it, and they admitted
doing it by feel after setting it up with a torque wrench (that entailed
removing the top triple clamp completely)

Marc

MIlnerton, Cape Town
2006 Daytona 955 (Big Red)
2007 KLR 650 (el Dirty)