Re: [ST] California Travelin

Hwy 3 is paved, not sure about Ramshorn Rd. I'll have to look that up
and put it on the list to explore with the KLR.

That's one thing I learned real quickly up here. Take the KLR when
exploring a new road. Taking the Sprint down a steep, narrow, rocky
road is not what it was design for.

But if you take 3 off of 36, you're also going to miss the best section
of 36 which is that between Platina and Red Bluff. There's absolutely
no reason to go to Red Bluff other than to run this section of road. Do
it right and you'll discover what it's like to really fly on a Sprint
ST. Just make sure the landing gear can handle the return to earth.

On Mar 20, 2007, at 5:26 PM, Al Garvin wrote:

> Matt,
>    You're a northern California guy and might know the answer to this.
> I was looking at riding from Fortuna on 36 over to Highway 3 then up to
> Weaverville and on to Callahan over Gazelle Callahan to Weed then to
> Mt.
> Shasta. I'm planning this for the 3rd week of April. Is Highway 3 paved
> all the way up? Also I was looking at maybe taking Ramshorn Rd to I5
> over by Castle Craigs. Ramshorn Rd is about 2.5 miles north of Cofffee
> Creek on 3. But looking at it with Goggle earth this looks to be a dirt
> road. Do you now if it is?
> Did not mean to hijack this thread.

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA -
http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
  '99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
  '01 KLR650 (A15) - for exploring the North Coast backroads
  '97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
  '79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned